We are currently seeking an experienced Subject Matter Expert - Observe Control Trainer in the field of Military Communications that possesses the ability to, under limited supervision, evaluate, design, coordinate and deliver a comprehensive range of training and education programs in the field of expertise. The role requires involvement in the planning, management, and delivery of various projects and is primarily required to support training and exercise, training lanes and evaluations supporting the ARNORTH CIVIL SUPPORT TRAINING ACTIVITY (CSTA.)
- This position requires a familiarity with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- This is a full-time position in Fort Sam Houston / San Antonio, TX.
- The salary is negotiable based on experience, credentials and location differentials.
- (75% travel expectation, evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Developing, implementing, and delivering tailored customer specific training programs, as well as revising, coordinating and conducting existing training programs
- Work with Subject Matter Experts, OJT Trainers, and Management to develop competency based, technical training programs
- Conduct analysis on training products to ensure the developed materials are technically accurate and functional within known equipment constraints
- Present technically sound instruction to a target audience
- Familiarize and train military/civilian personnel on military communication equipment to include very small apertures, high frequency, land mobile radios (VHF, UHF, 700‐ 800 MHz), cross‐ banding including ACU 1000 and 2000.
- Prepare written reports
- Review and update lesson plans and power point presentations
- Provide oversight and subject matter expertise in support of field service operations
- Work with internal teams to obtain an understanding of the documentation requirements
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
- Plan, develop, organize, and document operational procedures and manuals
- Review manuals and data to ensure editorial and format consistency
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education, technical training and experience.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant training/development experience.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Must possess a Secret security clearance, or qualify to secure
- Must have knowledge of communication equipment to include very small apertures, high frequency, land mobile radios (VHF, UHF, 700‐ 800 MHz), cross‐ banding including ACU 1000 and 2000.
- Graduate of the Instructor Training Course (ITC) or civilian equivalent
- Five (5) years’ experience, of which at least three years must be specialized.
- Specialized experience includes: experience in developing and providing technical and end-user training
- Ability to work independently or under limited supervision
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Team oriented with demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and communication skills
- Strong organizational abilities
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.”